What is EQUITHALASSO & Equine Algotherapy?
EQUINE ALGOTHERAPY – An innovation in the health and fitness management of the horse
EquiThalasso is an equine product collection made exclusively from natural raw materials extracted from the sea. These natural, drug-free, high quality, lab-certified products provide a variety of topical cares tailored to your horse’s specific needs for performance, power, renewal, or recovery.
- Soothes and prepares joints and tendons to help prevent sprains and strains from heavy work or competition
- The known properties of algae help to detoxify, reduce tension and soothe muscles and tissues
- Derived naturally from the sea
- A topical, 100% non-drug health-oriented product
- Certified by high-quality European laboratories
How can it benefit my horse?
Before competition or heavy work:
Helps to physically prepare the muscles and joints for the increased level and duration of activity
- Helps removes muscle tension to facilitate movement and impulsion
- Better prepares joints and tendons to help prevent sprains and strains
Found to aid and accelerate recovery
- Eliminates the toxins that build up post-exertion
- Known to reduce muscle tension and muscle soreness
- Soothes limbs and tissues: heat, swelling, strains
Products & Information
The Origin of Thalassotherapy
- The principle behind Thalassotherapy is that repeated immersion in seawater, marine mud, and protein-rich algae helps restore the body’s natural chemical balance.
- When immersed in seawater, the body absorbs the minerals it needs through the skin: trace elements of magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium and iodide.
- The use of seawater for therapeutic benefits dates back to the Romans, who also loved soaking in hot mineral springs. “The sea heals man’s illnesses.” Hippocrates
- Modern thalassotherapy was pioneered in France, which continues to have more thalassotherapy spas than any other country.
- We are transferring these known benefits to equine markets and for the benefit of horses.